Monday 14 March 2011

Busy, busy, busy!

Well, what an exciting time it has been here in 3RO. I have been so busy that I have barely had time to write!!


Pancake day came and went and all of the children and I learnt about why a lot of the humans in this country celebrate Pancake Day. We chatted about what we would all give up, I said that I would find it very difficult to give up chocolate and Mrs O'Hara said that that was the point! Then I got to cook my very own pancake, Mrs O'Hara had to toss it though as my tenticles are not strong enough. Eventually I got to eat it and I had some lemon and sugar on the top. It was DELICIOUS!






To work off all the calories that I gained from eating my pancake, I have been joining in with 3RO who have been practising for their just dance competition. I have found it more difficult that I thought but I have kept persevering and I am beginning to see some improvement.



.


On Friday, as Bitsy has already mentioned, we had some very special visitors. The brought in all sorts of strange contraptions that made different noises. I was very scared of the noise so I stayed at the back, but 3RO enjoyed it immensely and were able to tell me all about the instruments and the different families that they come from.







So as you can see we have been very busy and I haven't even had time to mention about the fantastic data handling work we have been doing in numeracy or the instructions that we have been writing in literacy. I am hoping that some members of 3RO are going to help me tell you all about our other work in my next update.


Bye for now!

11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, please can I come and visit 3RO next time you have a dance lesson? It looks fab! I especially liked Alien Dave's cool dance moves. Some of the boys in your class can realy shake it! I think we shall have a go at this in 6JC and see how 6JC compare

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered if you would have time for qa quick blog post Dave as so much was happening! I love pancakes but Mr Skinner is on a bit of a diet so we didn't have any! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow it looks like alien dave had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HELP! I need HELP! I have nominated the zoo for a Class Blog award! Can you ask the teacher to get in touch with me please? @theheadsoffice

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi i am faria from 3r0 i love miriam lord zoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that Alien Dave is having fun making panckes on pancake day, and i wonder if Alien Dave really knows how to make pancakes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi it's me harooj do you about the new pet in 6jc called susie te hamster I kept is name he is really fat and chubby.I tought him gynastic outside in the playground and today he did some handstands.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello everyone,

    Harooj, I have indeed heard about Susie and I am very much looking forward to meeting her.I think that I will have to visit 6JC soon as there are lots of friendly faces up there!

    Areeba, I am afraid that I cheated a bit and used pancake mix and milk to make my pancakes, but Mrs O'Hara says that she will teach me how to make them properly next year.

    Faria, I'm glad you like the zoo, I am hoping that you might be able to help me write about some of the things tha we have been up to in 3RO.

    Mahfooz, I have been having so much fun, and already I have more to write about!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like you had fun Alien Dave.Did you eat the pancakes with your class or did you eat them yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello alien dave i want you in our maths lesson tommrow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alien Dave!How nice to see you again.Its nice to have visitors in year six.Oh! thats just given me a fantastic idea why dont you drop in and play with Alan,Barry,Susie and last but not Bitsy.

    ReplyDelete