Wednesday 2 March 2011

Alien Dave learns about Fair Trade



Well, it has been a very exciting day for Alien Dave. He was a bit too shy to come out and join in while the children were there, but he watched what they were doing from the top of the wardrobe (please don't tell Mr Harrison). This is what he has done today:

Hello everyone,

Today 3RO were learning all about Fairtrade and why it is fantastic. I watched some videos and learnt all about the faraway places that some of their human food comes from and why it is important to support hard working farmers. Mrs O'Hara thought that following a recipe would be a really good plan as the class are learning about instructions in literacy at the moment . She took me with her to Tesco (very early this morning) to buy some fairtrade cocoa, chocolate, bananas and sugar. This is a picture of me working out what ingredients we needed to make buns.


The children all worked really hard to measure out the ingredients carefully. Apparently this is very important...it is hard work this cooking malarky! The children were all rewarded with a Fairtrade feast in the afternoon and I was very jealous as it all smelled so good.

The thing is, I have done something very naughty, after the children left, I ate a lot of the tasty treats. (Mrs O'Hara did not bring me any Kit Kats today) I hope that the children will not be too cross with me. I am very sorry.


I have really enjoyed learning about Fairtrade (although I enjoyed eating all the tasty cooking even more!)

10 comments:

  1. You are a lucky little alien! I bet you had fun eating all that Banana bread....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds to me like Alien Dave has had a fantastic day. Although we may need to find him a new home, not the top of the wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very naughty Alien Dave. I hope you washed your legs before crawling all over that food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think you need to apologise Alien Dave. I reckon that the kind children in your class would be happy to share their Fairtrade goodies with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We try to use Fair Trade things too Dave so that must mean I can have oneof those tasty treats doesn't it?!;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Misss, the children were very forgiving and even let me have one of the fairtrade chocolate crispy buns that they made today.I am a very happy little alien.

    jfb57, I'm sure that 3RO would be more than willing to share the tasty treats with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Alien Dave enjoyed the bread.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi alien dave i hope you enjoyed sneaking about and taking some cookies. VERY FUNNY!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope the buns you tasted were delicious!!!!
    You must be an expert at cooking now Alien Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You lucky little alien you got to munch up all of the banana breads,hope it was a nice treat for you.

    ReplyDelete